Monday, June 26, 2006

out stretch

Sometimes the words aren't enough,
and that's when I look to see
what it is that I have to offer
when I am so far away
from the ones who need me
but all I have are images
that I weave for you
inexpertly

Imagine, I told him
Imagine I'm there
Imagine I'm there right now, like a great big lump of cat, with my head in your lap, so you can rub my head and hear me purr.

And I've offered already
But there is no reason I can see
why I can't play cat for all those who need the therapy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwwwwwwwww

thanks love...
u need this lovin as well, i hope someone is takin very good care of you too

u make me cry...
many hugs!

Anonymous said...

i is trying to take care of her, momma-in-law! i is trying my bestest!

Anonymous said...

"lump of cat"

smart