Wednesday, January 31, 2007

fifteen

heart aches unexpected and i cannot fix it
and somebody precious cares for me no more
there, the same old litany runs though my head
once again, oh again; i learn nothing from before

he asks me for letters; how will I write them? how?
when I've tried all this while not to manipulate him
how can I try to use those same words now
to try and apologize, to calm and placate him?

i can see only waiting, and hoping, and wishing
but i cannot see a sign that this will end well
too many times, too many people have i
put through this version of my mental hell

and again i will run to corners dark and cold
clutch myself to myself and weep and bawl
how could he think i meant it the way he thought i meant it?
oh, does the boy not know me at all?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. buttons were pushed.
Very adroit.

Anonymous said...

I don't like the way that cursor blinks at me, reminiding me of how I can't think of something to say. I feel inadequate.

Just my way of saying "hi".

Anonymous said...

thank you :)