Tuesday, October 24, 2006

strange days

I stay awake and check my spaces,
calculate the time in other places
Online at two, just to say hi;
And then, within ten minutes, goodbye
Reassess new relationships
Rate and order online friendships
Sit in silence under sunsets and dream
Take my sister out for ice-cream
Drive in peak traffic with a potpourri
of sixteen-year-olds in the car with me;
Sprawl in dingy corners of strange spots
watch relatives down tequila shots.

Play lonesome music and sing along
(if any of you ever needs a song -
music to cry to, come to me quick!
my collection's wistful, eclectic)
Moan at all the crushing misery
of not being as good as I wish to be
Things that cause me acute distress
which will not let me be unless
I manage to fix my poor design
But in the end I have to resign
myself to failure and agree
that this architecture's not for me.

So then I come to blogger again
when I'm in pain, and then again when
everything just gets too overwhelming
and the only way to fix it is the writing
VoilĂ , and therapy newfound that
seems to work rather better than cat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mercy you're good.

Anonymous said...

Sir, I am honoured. Praise from you is praise indeed.